As you plan the perfect picnic, these recipes will hopefully inspire you. Before you set out on your day check out our "How to Plan the Perfect Picnic" blog. We also have perfect picnic sets for 2 or 4 that offer classic wicker design and includes all of the essentials. Do not forget to check out our outdoor entertaining collection for games, wagons, grills, coolers, and more!
Easy Picnic Pitas
The best food for a picnic is, of course, sandwiches. And by using pocket pita bread, you'll be able to hold this appetizer in one hand and throw a Frisbee without missing a beat. Or you can hold such a sandwich with one hand and even play badminton with it.
First of all, you need to buy the "right" bread. Pita breads are ideal: firstly, they tear easily, they do not have to be cut, and secondly, in pocket pita bread, the filling will be safely hidden inside.
- 1/4 cup salad dressing
- 1 can (28 oz.) Keystone Chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. coleslaw dressing
- 4-6 pitas, cut in half
- Lettuce for garnish
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a bowl and mix all ingredients in it.
- Add salt paper to taste.
- Scoop into each half of pitas and garnish with lettuce.
- You can also pack each ingredient in a separate bowl and combine just before serving.
By the way, you should cut the filling in advance, put it in separate containers and invite the guests to "make" their own sandwiches to their liking. Better yet, ask everyone to bring in a couple of ingredients so that they can then arrange a competition for the best sandwich and just get some culinary ideas for the future.
If you still prefer to make sandwiches at home, it is better to wrap them in foil, or parchment. And put it in a container with a lid - so the appetizer will not wrinkle.
Feel free to use any meat or cheese you have on hand. This recipe works great with everything!
The most popular picnic snacks are sandwiches and rolls of all kinds. For them, you need to buy the right bread so that it does not sour and does not get soggy from sauces. If you don't have pita, the easiest substitutes are ready-made toaster cuts, which are also made from grain bread. Ciabatta, baguette, focaccia, Borodino bread, burger buns, pita bread, pita pockets are perfect.
And if you want a gluten-free panini sandwich, you can use any gluten-free bread.
Let’s Sum Up
You can also make this sandwich breakfast, and an appetizer for strong drinks, or decoration of any festive table, for New Year, Christmas, February 23rd, and March 8th. A delicious option for a picnic and many other occasions.
Hope you will delight your family members and friends with this delicious recipe! Follow us on our social media platforms.
Write your review so everyone can see it. This will help other users make their choice.
Italian Pressed Picnic Sandwich
When preparing for a trip to nature, it is important to think over everything to the smallest detail. One of the important tasks in this case is the preparation of the menu for the picnic, because not only a good time outdoors, but also the opportunity to take a break from cooking will depend on the correct choice of a grocery basket and dishes.
Therefore, housewives most often choose light salads and snacks for a picnic in nature, among which the leading positions are taken by sandwiches,
Italian pressed sandwiches are my favourite sandwiches because they are always a sure hit. There is something about Italian meats and cheeses that makes a sandwich so delicious and flavorful.
The beauty of the Italian Pressed Sandwich is that it can be prepared in advance. Because this Italian sub-sandwich is made on a hearty loaf of French bread, it can withstand the moisture of the pasta, and it can feed so many people too! I do this every time I throw up a regular lunch or serve a lot of hungry kids.
Their appetizing appearance will not leave anyone indifferent.
- 1 loaf of French bread, French baguette or Italian round
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce, use more depending on preference
- 3/4 lb Black Forest ham or your favourite ham
- 1/4 to 1/3 lb Salami, cut into small slices
- 1/4 to 1/3 lb. Cut into small slices of pepperoni
- 8-10 slices of Provolone cheese
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head of iceberg or romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Start with a loaf of French bread, French baguettes, centre-cut Italian round bread
- Spread it with pesto, olive oil vinaigrette, mayonnaise, or Italian dressing. Apply pesto or mayonnaise to both sides of the bread. If you are using Italian vinaigrette, pour over the meat, salad, or tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with your favourite Italian meat and cheese.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Sprinkle with grated lettuce and thinly sliced red onions on top.
- Place the top half of the loaf over the sandwich filling.
- Wrap the sandwich carefully in plastic wrap. Place a heavy cutting board or other flat objects on top of the sandwich and press down 2 to 4 pounds.
- Your Italian pressed sandwiches are ready. Put them on your picnic and go out to enjoy nature.
Some Useful Tips
- With the ingredients indicated in the recipe, we have 8 fairly satisfying sandwiches. You can change the amount of "filling" at your discretion, remove or add something.
- (if you're doing it ahead of time and want it to age with pesto or vinaigrette, try a hearty baguette. If you eat it on this day, you can opt for a softer one.) bread).
- Cut my tomatoes into cubes, put them in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, and oregano, drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, and let them cool for a few minutes. The aroma penetrates the inside of the tomatoes and makes them so delicious.
Is it healthy?
In addition, a properly prepared sandwich will not harm the figure and is suitable as a snack for those who are counting calories or simply adhere to a balanced diet. To make such a snack really healthy, easy, convenient, and quick to prepare, adhere to the basic rules.
Let's Sum Up
This Italian Pressed Sandwich is perfect for a picnic or can even be packed in your child's breakfast box in advance.
I hope to have a picnic with this Italian pressed sandwich in the near future. I would love to hear from you if you make this Italian sandwich. Have a nice day, friends!
Don't Forget the Sides/Appetizers
Three Colors Picnic Pasta Salad Recipe
Spectacular appetizer made from pasta, vegetables, and a delicious sauce!
Three Colors Picnic Pasta Salad is a hearty and tasty dish that you can make quickly by using only a few easily available ingredients. This is the perfect option when you want to go to a picnic.
The pasta absorbs vegetable juices well, so the salad looks presentable for a long time. Until you wait for the BBQ, you will get hungry a hundred times! So, you must take this cold pasta salad with you as an appetizer. The kids and other family members will really love it.
- 600 g pasta of different colours;
- Green beans 250 g
- Asparagus 200 g
- Red bell pepper 1 pc., Finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes 250 g, halved
- Fresh basil or parsley to taste
- Lemon 1/2 pc., For juice
- White wine vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil 4 tbsp.
- Boil water in a large saucepan. Add salt, oil and pasta. Boil for 5-6 minutes. Throw in a colander, pour over with cold water, drain the water completely.
- Blanch the bean or spinach sprouts: immerse them in boiling water for 30 seconds, then drain in a colander and cool under running water.
- In a large bowl, prepare the sauce: combine all sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth. Typically, olive oil is added last.
- Add all salad ingredients and pasta and stir. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese and serve immediately.
- You can use any color of pasta.
- The pasta boiled for the salad should be immediately seasoned with olive oil: it will be absorbed into the hot dough, prevent the cooled pasta from sticking together and give it an appetizing shine.
- The shape of pasta for salads can be almost any - large, small, smooth, ribbed.
- You can increase the amount of ingredients if you want to serve more people.
Does tri-color pasta contain food dyes?
High-quality Tri-Color Pasta from a good brand doesn’t use food dyes. Usually, natural real colors are used. The orange color is obtained from tomato paste and the green from dried spinach. These natural ingredients also add more flavor to the pasta.
Which pasta is best for pasta salad?
We have used tri-color spiral pasta. We recommend using pasta that has a lot of nooks and crannies. It helps the dressing and herbs get into every little bit. You can also use penne, fusilli, rotini, farfalle pasta for better results.
Can I make pasta salad the night before?
Yes! You can. Actually, the salad pasta will taste better when prepare in advance. When you bring your pasta to the picnic, add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing to freshen it up.
Why does your pasta salad taste dry?
The first thing is to follow the cooking instructions mentioned in the pasta package. Your pasta shouldn’t be undercooked or overcooked. The undercooked pasta will absorb moisture quickly and you will get a dry taste.
Add-ins and substitutions
- You can also add meat delicacies, salted or smoked fish, seafood, and other fresh vegetables.
- Salad with pasta just needs some piquant, hot-peppery, fresh notes, otherwise, it may turn out to be bland and boring. Foods like capers, olives, fresh herbs like basil, thyme, marjoram are more than appropriate.
- If you want to use other vegetables, you are more than welcome to! You can give this pasta salad a Greek touch by adding feta cheese or add more crunch with broccoli.
Let’s Sum Up
Pasta with properly selected dressing and vegetables will add a pronounced and bright taste to the dish. So you must try it for your next picnic.
If you liked the recipe, share it with your friends and family. I assure you that they will like it too.
Baked White Bread With Filling: The Best Appetizer For Picnic
Do you want to go on a picnic and need to serve something delicious but don't want to spend ages in the kitchen? Then Baked White Bread with Filling is for you!
Celebration, dinner, party, picnic - whatever the occasion, this delicious snack will always decorate the table. And if it can also be cooked in a few minutes, then there is no price for such a recipe. That's why we have selected to make an original and delicious filled white bread that is super handy to take with you wherever you go.
So, let's make it without wasting more time!
To cook a stuffed loaf in the oven, we need:
- 1 loaf
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 220 g mozzarella slices
- 170 g salami in slices
- 1/2 onion
- fresh basil
- 2 smoked sausages
- 1 bell pepper
- 150 g grated mozzarella
- Cut off the top of the loaf and take out all the pulp so that there is a place for the filling inside.
- Now fill the loaf with the filling. First, grease it from the inside with tomato sauce and cover the bottom with mozzarella slices.
- Next, put a layer of salami, pieces of onion, basil leaves, pieces of sausage, and pepper.
- Add another layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle everything with grated mozzarella. We cover everything with the cut part of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and press down with something heavy, for example, a large cutting board, for 30 minutes.
- Unroll the foil, sprinkle the loaf with grated cheese and add the pieces of sausage. Brush top with beaten egg, sprinkle sesame seeds. Put everything in the oven for 30 minutes at 175 ° C.
- It remains only to cut into juicy and tasty slices. Serve the stuffed bread with spicy garlic ketchup, or you can serve it with any condiment of your choice.
Special attention should be paid to packaging. Of course, the way to "wrap everything in foil" is easy and familiar. But the foil tears and crumples along with the food, and it is also tedious to unfold the opaque packaging. So, it is best to use a plastic container or cellophane. But bring the bread to room temperature before storing it in the container.
The filling depends on your choice. You can do it with eggs, different kinds of cheese, vegetables, shredded chicken, chopped green chilies, or mince. Use your imaginations and come up with more interesting and appealing ideas. Moreover, you can also make bread at home.
Let's Sum Up
With homemade Baked White Bread with Filling, your picnic will be a success! Enjoy your stay!
Biscuit with strawberry cheesecake
This light dessert will appeal to cheesecake lovers and is a little easier to prepare. The creamy taste of the filling is successfully combined with the crispy crust. This biscuit will be one of the best uses for strawberry harvesting. A bright pie can even decorate a picnic table.
The best thing about this dessert is that it is easy to carry and convenient to take with you. The sweet and delicious taste will appeal to both children and adults.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 and 1/4 Art. flour of the highest grade, plus additional for rolling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 110 g diced cold butter
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1
- l. cold water
- 2 tbsp. strawberries, remove stem and sepals, cut in half or 4 pieces depending on size
- 250 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, white separated from the yolk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. corn starch Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter and beat until it looks like coarse flour mixed with pea-sized chunks of butter (10-15 beats). Add the egg and beat until the dough is smooth (about 10 beats). Unscrew the mass onto a piece of cling film, using which to form a disc. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until freezing (at least 1 hour or overnight).
- Whisk buttercream cheese with 2 tablespoons in a medium bowl. Add sugar, vanilla extract, yolk, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about 45 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, corn starch, and 1/3 tbsp. remaining sugar.
- Place a wire rack in the centre of the oven, on which place a rimmed baking sheet. Heat to 190 ° C.
- Lightly dust the dough on both sides with flour and roll on a dusty surface into a circle 30 cm in diameter and approximately 0.3 cm thick. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Distribute approximately 1 tbsp. mixture with cream cheese over the dough, not reaching 5 cm to the brim. Place the strawberry mixture in the center of the cream cheese. Smear evenly.
- Place the remaining buttercream mixture on top of the strawberries in portions. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling, pinching if necessary. Brush the dough with butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Leave in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Slide the parchment paper biscuit onto a preheated baking sheet and bake until golden brown and the filling bubbling (about 40 minutes). Transfer to the wire rack to cool slightly before putting it into your picnic basket.
If you liked this picnic dessert, share your experience in the comment box. We love hearing from you!
Creamy Lemon Bars
Creamy Lemon Bars is a very light and delicate dessert: below is a delicious dough, and on top is the most delicate filling with a bright lemon flavor. It is essentially a lemon pie that is cut into squares and sprinkled with powdered sugar. This easy-to-prepare recipe will easily create an uplifting mood during your picnic and will be loved by your family. The attractive shape and juicy citrus taste will make the process of making the bars a real treat.
For the dough:
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
For the filling:
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Peel ½ lemon
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup skimmed coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond and tapioca flours. Add oil and maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dough onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until the dough is browned around the edges.
- Using a blender in a saucepan, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch to keep lumps free. Add coconut milk, maple syrup, butter, turmeric, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, frequently stirring, for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the dough and refrigerate for 3 hours until completely solidified.
- Cut into bars and garnish with lemon wedges. Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top, if desired.
Some Useful Tips
- Use foil or baking paper to make lemon bars to prevent the dessert from burning, and not use a lot of sunflower oil.
- You can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour
- This oriental treat goes well with a glass of herbal iced tea.
- You can make this dessert in advance and place it in the refrigerator. Put it in your picnic basket just before leaving home.
Let’s Sum Up
Perhaps this is the perfect recipe for making fresh and juicy lemon bars with a bright aroma and taste. Treat yourself long been a favorite dessert, cooked in the home. By the way, you can prepare this treat in advance and then freeze it and store it in the freezer. It retains its taste and aroma if stored in this way for up to 1 month.
I hope you LOVE this easy Lemon Bars recipe! If you are looking for more interesting picnic dishes, visit our blog and read more posts.
Enjoy your picnic!
What to do on a nice May day with the whole family? Of course, have a picnic in nature. It does not matter where to feast: in the courtyard of a house, in a city park, or in the silence of the forest. The main thing is to take along plenty of snacks and drinks for a picnic.
It gets hot on those summer days, and therefore refreshing drinks at a picnic are irreplaceable. Instead of buying fruit juices or soda from the supermarket, you can make homemade lemonade and make a wonderful DIY refreshing drink.
- 3-4 lemons
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 2 liters of mineral water
- A few mint leaves
- Cut 3-4 lemons with peel into large slices and grind lightly in a blender.
- Combine 1½ cups of sugar and 2 cups of still mineral water in a small saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, heat it over low heat until all the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour crushed lemons with 2 liters of mineral water without gas at room temperature, pour in the cooled sugar syrup, and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, filter the lemon mixture through cheesecloth.
- Pour the finished lemonade into a thermos, put a few mint leaves and close the lid.
- Drinks will look aesthetically pleasing in small transparent bottles without a label. You can do without glasses and drink through a straw.
- To keep soft drinks really chilled, put them in a thermal bag.
- If you decide to take lemonade with you to nature, then it is better to use mineral water instead of ordinary filtered water because, after it, the food is better absorbed
- Disposable tableware is the best picnic invention but not very aesthetically pleasing. To decorate an impromptu feast and take stylish photos, you can write something fun on paper cups and containers.
Let’s Sum Up
Lemon is a versatile ingredient that will brighten up any picnic soft drink. It is an excellent thirst quencher. So, must bring it with you!
Share the recipe with your friend and family, and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment box.
Have a good picnic!
Fruit and berry Juice
Fruits and berries are versatile ingredients that will brighten up any picnic soft drink. They will refresh you and tone your body.
- 5 medium apples
- 1 large orange
- a glass of frozen black
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3-4 buds of dried cloves
- Take 5 medium apples, a large orange, and a glass of frozen black currants.
- Remove the peel from the apples, thinly cut the zest from the orange and squeeze the juice from all the fruits.
- Grind the berries in a blender and filter. Pour the resulting pulp with hot water, add ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and 3-4 buds of dried cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat, cook for 7-10 minutes, then cover and let cool.
- Filter the juice several times and mix it with orange, apple, and berry juices.
Advice: Before leaving for a picnic, the fruit should be thoroughly chilled. If desired, you can supplement it with citrus wedges and fresh strawberries.
With the advent of the spring-summer season, various smoothies are gaining special popularity. So it is quite possible to include them in recipes for picnic drinks.
- one large banana
- 3 medium kiwis.
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Peel one large banana and 3 medium kiwis. Cut them into small pieces and combine with ½ cup strawberries.
- Using a blender, turn all the ingredients into a homogeneous puree.
- Add 1 tbsp honey and milk, mix thoroughly, and cool.
- Garnish with a slice of orange or strawberry before serving.
This delicious picnic drink will be especially appreciated by children. If the smoothie is very thick and dense, you can dilute it with your favorite juice, milk or drinking water. As ingredients for smoothies, you can choose not only fruits and berries but also vegetables with fresh herbs.
Orange Picnic Tea
In the summer, refreshments are rarely lingering on the table. Prepare such a wonderful tea for a picnic - it's quick, simple, tasty, and healthy.
- boiling water - 3 tbsp.
- fresh mint - 12 leaves
- tea bags - 4 pcs. sugar - 1 tbsp.
- orange (fresh) juice - 1 tbsp.
- lemon (juice) - 1 pc.
- cold water - 5 tbsp.
- fruit slices (for decoration)
- Pour boiling water over mint and tea bags. Leave on for 7-10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and pour it into a jug. Add sugar, stir until dissolved. 3
- Pour in juices. Add cold water. Pour into glasses with ice cubes, garnish with fruit wedges (optional)
How do you quench your thirst at a picnic? Share your favorite soft drinks in the comments and add creative ideas to our rich recipe collection!